Get More Involved
SIG Membership is open to all ASRA members. There is no cost to join.
To join, login to your profile here and select your current membership in the lower left. From here, select “Add/Remove Sections” at the bottom of the page.
We’re looking for your suggestions and ideas! Share your feedback at POCUS@asra.com.
The goals and objectives of the Perioperative Point-of-Care Ultrasound SIG are as follows.
- Define and prioritize educational needs and disseminate educational material pertaining to perioperative sonography
- Define and integrate perioperative sonography topics relevant to anesthesiology residents as well as regional anesthesia and acute pain fellows
- Identify current gaps and encourage clinical and outcomes research in the area of perioperative sonography
- Advance the body of knowledge in perioperative sonography and create publications relevant to ASRA members with an interest in the area
- Integrate perioperative sonography in the practice of (regional) anesthesiologists to improve patient care and outcomes
- Develop and standard indications, approaches, and techniques of perioperative sonography
The Perioperative Point-of-Care Ultrasound SIG was established in Fall 2015 to allow regional anesthesiologists with an interest in perioperative ultrasound to advance the knowledge and expand the scientific body of perioperative point-of-care (POC) ultrasound aimed at improving the care of patients undergoing procedures involving regional anesthesia.
Check out our other SIGs