Get More Involved
All SIG members, please complete this form to get involved!
SIG Membership is open to all ASRA members. There is no cost to join.
To join, login to your profile here and select your current membership in the lower left. From here, select “Add/Remove Sections” at the bottom of the page.
Are you a resident or medical student and not a member of ASRA? Join ASRA at the trainee rate of only $40 and receive all the same benefits of membership, including:
- Subscription to Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, the highly cited source for regional anesthesia and pain medicine research.
- Access to 19 special interest groups providing additional opportunities for learning and collaboration with others who share your interests.
- Savings on all of our annual meetings and weekend courses.
- Access to members-only content on our website including webcasts of meeting sessions to enjoy in the comfort of your own home.
- Much more!
Are you an ASRA member interested in sharing knowledge and mentoring resources, as well teaching and engaging future pain physicians at an earlier stage in training? Please complete this form and tell us how you would like to get involved! We’re looking for your suggestions and ideas! Share your feedback at PainEducation@asra.com.
Goals and Objectives
- Providing ASRA members with resources to share and lecture on pain-related topics via a slide share and resource database
- Establish a call for lecture slide sets from members that include pathophysiology, available evidence based medicine, and guidelines for treatment of a pain condition (acute or chronic)
- Work with current members to develop a database of up-to-date seminal research papers on topics of relevance
- Engaging Young learners (medical students & resident) in ASRA and pain medicine awareness
- Make ASRA more accessible to medical students, interns, and residents to present data, attend the conference, learn about pain and become engaged in ASRA. This may be accomplished through exposure via lectures from our members, online resources and potentially an educational program at future meetings
- Mentoring resources and networking
- Create an opt-in searchable database of mentors that interested students or residents can access to find opportunities for research, teacher training, leadership guidance or clinical experiences
- Provide downloadable content regarding mentoring advice from other ASRA members
Check out our other SIGs